This 6th of April marks the auspicious occasion of Human Jayanti; A Hindu God that we’ve all heard stories about growing up. The festival translates to the Birth Of Lord Hanuman. Celebrated on the 15th day of the Shukla Paksha in the Hindi month of Chaitra, Hanuman Jayanti is considered to be an important calendar event for Hindu devotees.
The significance and importance of Lord Hanuman emerged from the Holy Scriptures of Ramayana. Even though there are numerous mentions of Lord Hanuman in various Hindu Scriptures, his role and significance in the Hindu Epic Ramayana made him another idol for the devotees.
In the epic Ramayana, Lord Hanuman’s devotion and heroics helped Hindu God Lord Rama to defeat Ravan in the war after he abducted Goddess Sita from the jungle. He is also known to be the reincarnation of Lord Shiva by some, but apart from his epic tales in Ramayana, there are some other qualities that we can all learn from Lord Hanuman.
Things All Of Us Should Learn From Lord Hanuman
In total there are five of them, let’s give them a quick look.
- Perseverance – Lord Hanuman’s dedication and devotion to find Goddess Sita and curb the miserable state of his “Prabhu” Lord Rama made him the hero Lord Rama needed in that time of war. He braved and overcame numerous challenges to find Goddess Sita and finally arrived in Lanka, the city of Ravan where she was being held, hostage. But when Goddess Sita denied being rescued as she said Lord Rama’s reputation was at stake, Lord Hanuman, even after traveling so far and wide went back to Lord Rama but not before he set Lanka on fire with his tail. The lesson to learn here is that if you want something with your entire being, the whole universe starts to play into it.
- Pragmatism – Lord Hanuman’s war-winning tricks and tactics saved countless lives and the honor of many. He shape-shifted, set Lanka on fire with his tail, and lifted mountains with his hands to aid his Prabhu. His ability to focus on the task at hand and his practicality to adapt to the situation is something we all need to take notes from.
- Strength – When Lord Rama’s brother Lakshman was wounded in a fight with Ravan’s son Indrajit, Lord Hanuman was asked to fetch the Sanjeevani Booti before dawn to save his life. To do that Lord Hanuman decided to grow several times bigger than his size and stop the sun from rising. And with his ability to recognize the herb, he carried the entire mountain to save Lakshman’s life. Well, even though the tales of Lord Hanuman’s strength are vast and wide, we all need to take a leaf from his book and realize that strength, whether it is physical or mental will help us achieve anything we want.
- Sense Of Humor – Something we all need to survive this sometimes-dreadful life. Even in the most trying times, Lord Hanuman’s sense of humor gave relief to people. Like the time when he was threatened with having his tail set on fire and proceeded to burn Lanka with it? Well, we won’t suggest you burn down anything, but rather what we can take from here is that, no matter how bad a situation is, a little laughter and humor can always make life a little less miserable.
- Selflessness, Loyalty, and Humility – It won’t be wrong to say that Lord Hanuman was the embodiment of selflessness. His dedication and devotion to Lord Rama and Goddess Sita went down in history along with his unflinching loyalty to accompany Lord Ramaya throughout the war. And even though Lord Hanuman possessed supernatural abilities and his physical prowess, we always see him with his hands folded in humility. You know your strength and you know your weakness better than anyone else, so go on and strike a balance.
Listen to Hanuman Ji Chalisa on Saregama Carvaan Mini Hanuman
On the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti, many people chant the Hanuman Chalisa, which is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. It is belived that chanting the Hanuman Chalisa with devotion and sincerity can bestow upon the devotee many blessings, including strength, courage, wisdom, and spiritual growth. Chanting the Hanuman Chalisa on Hanuman Jayanti is particularly auspicious because it is believed to enhance the power and potency of the hymn.
Get to know more about Hanuman Chalisa: Learn Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics and Meaning
Leave a Reply