- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Data storage and retention
- Your rights
- Data protection practices
- Third party websites, apps and services
- How to contact us – Grievance officer
Personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information about you when you access our Platforms:
Information you give us
We collect information you provide to us directly when you use our Platforms. This includes:
- Contact information: Your contact information, such as your name, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone number, and other ways in which we may contact you.
- Account/ login information: Your login information, such as your email address, phone number and passwords. You can also sign in through third party accounts (such as your Google or Facebook account). (See ‘Information we collect from other sources’ for details.)
- Profile information: Optional information for your profile, such as your profile picture. Optional information is not necessary for using the Platforms.
- Communications to us: Your communications to us, including any feedback, comments, queries, issue reports, or other communications that you send to us.
- Any other information that you provide to us with your permissions, consents or preferences.
Information we collect when you use our Platforms:
When you use our Platforms, we collect certain types of Information about how you use or access our Platforms. This includes:
- Usage data: Data collected and processed about you when you access the Platforms, such as your search queries, products/ songs you browse or songs that you play/ share/ download, playlists you create, songs you mark as ‘favourite’, your account settings, times at which you access the Platforms, time spent on certain pages, inferences of your interests and preferences based on your usage.
- Technical data: Technical data may include data about the devices, software and technology you use such as hardware model, operating system, IP address, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, mobile network data and web browser details.
- General or approximate location data: General location data, such as your city, region, or country. This may be understood from technical data such as your IP address, language setting of your device, manual selection of your location, or payment currency.
- Purchase or transactional data: Transactional details, such as details about your purchase orders, delivery address and the payments to and from your accounts with us. However, we do not store and do not have access to your financial information such as your bank account numbers, credit/ debit card numbers, or UPI handle.
- App-specific: App-specific permissions, such as Bluetooth, SMS, and other permissions. Most app-specific permissions require manual approval by you. If you have given Platforms access to non-essential permissions, but wish to turn them, you can do so through your phone’s settings. The app may not function in case you revoke certain essential app permissions. For instance, our physical products like the Carvaan device would require mandatory Bluetooth permissions to integrate with the Platforms and function. Since app permissions can change from time to time, we may provide additional information about specific app permissions within the app, or on the platform-specific app store, such as on the App Store or Play Store.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you from third parties, such as authentication partners, or advertising and marketing partners. If you use a different account (such as Google or Facebook) to sign in to our Platforms, we receive information such as your name, email address, profile URL and profile picture. This will be explained to you by the third party when you first connect the account with the Platform.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide and maintain our Platforms, including to allow you to create and log-in to your account and use our Platforms, to take and fulfil your orders, deliver our products and services, process payments, and respond to your requests;
- customise our Platforms for you, such as by allowing you to set preferred genres or languages of music, or recommending content or services for you;
- send you promotional offers or discounts, or information about new features, services or products that may be of interest to you (through phone, email, chat or other means). You can opt-out of these communications at any time by following the instructions included in such communications or by writing to us at the email address in Section 10;
- respond to your queries, comments, or feedback, resolve issues faced by you on a Platform or related to a product or service, and to implement your suggestions;
- improve our services, and to test and develop new products, services, or features, such as by analysing how our products and services are used, and how people interact with them;
- comply with applicable laws and court orders, such as by maintaining records that we have a legal obligation to maintain, responding to law enforcement requests, or providing information to a court or a government authority;
- protect the safety and integrity of our Platforms, and protect our interests, such as by detecting and preventing fraud or other unauthorized behaviour, collecting and recovering amounts owed to us, or taking legal action to enforce our agreements;
Who we share your personal information with
- Partners/ service providers: We may share your information with partners or third-party service providers (whether in or outside India) to run our business and provide our services and products to you. This includes entities who we engage or work with to provide customer support services, process payments, provide delivery/logistics services, host data, secure our Platforms, help market our products, services, events and promotions, or to help comply with legal processes.
Data storage and retention
Our company is located in India. We store and process your personal data in India. However, we may transfer your personal data to our service providers or partners in other parts of the world.
We will keep your personal information as long as it necessary to provide you services on the Platforms or for the purposes for which the data was obtained.
To ensure compliance with applicable laws or other legal obligations, or to exercise our legal rights, we may need to retain information even after you have requested us to erase your personal data, terminated your account with us, or stopped using the Platforms. We may also keep your contact information and other details for fraud prevention, for the exercise/defense of a legal claim, or for providing evidence in legal proceedings.
Post termination, we may continue to store, use, and share aggregated anonymised data for any purpose, including purposes not listed above. Anonymised data cannot be used to identify you.
If you wish to access, verify, correct or update any of your personal information collected through the Platforms, you may write to us at the email address listed in Section 10.
We (or our service providers or partners) may communicate with you through voice calls, text messages, emails, Platform notifications, or other means. The communication may relate to (a) your purchases, payments, or other messages related to your use of the Platform, or (b) offers or promotions about our Platform, new features or services. You may opt out of receiving information about promotional offers by writing to our grievance officer. We may still need to send you non-promotional communication (information about the Platforms and services).
You may have certain additional rights regarding your personal information based on your local laws. This could include the right to:
- Ask us for a copy of your personal data;
- Ask that we amend or update your personal data if it is inaccurate or outdated;
- Withdraw consent if our collection and processing of your data was based on your consent. If you withdraw consent, we may not be able to provide products and services to you;
Where permitted by applicable law, we may ask you to pay reasonable costs for complying with your requests to exercise your rights.
To learn more or to exercise your rights, please write to us at the email address mentioned in Section 10.
Data protection and security practices
We employ adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information. Some of these include: firewalls, encryption, and access controls. However, we do not guarantee that personal data will be completely protected. Any transmission of personal data by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform, such as by the illegal acts of third parties.
Third party websites, apps, and services
The Platforms are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. Any use of Platforms by a child under the age of 18 years must be under parental supervision. We do not knowingly collect any information about, or market to, children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. If you are less than 18 years old, we request that you do not visit or use the Platforms, and that you do not submit any personal information to us.
How to contact us – Grievance officer
Name - Mr. Yash Asai
Designation- General Manager-Legal
If your query relates to a specific Platform, you may also reach out to the email addresses listed below: